International Property Developer
High end 6 story (3300 sq ft) residential property in Westminster, London
To provide a complete control systemthroughout the property
- Heating, Lighting and Ventilation (including remote blinds)
- Home Entertainment Suite with Audio Visual throughout the property.
- External hidden and secure thermostatically controlled underground wine cellar
- Full Security Solution including remote Intercom and door entry system
- New cabling and WIFI optimisation throughout the property.
- Universal home cinema room with hidden screen & drop down projector. (Arcam Amplification, Triad 7.2 Speaker Array and JVC Projector, with acoustic products being hidden behind soft cloth textured walls)
- Underground wine cellar controlled by Crestron relays and touch panels.
- Mood lighting/scene lighting – Scene lighting is a term used meaning that a full rooms lighting can be set at the touch of a single button. In this property the client had a bar area that had several small shelved areas. With scene control the client was able to set the whole room as he liked with 1 button press for entertaining guests. He then had a scene for relaxing and a scene for watching a film. These buttons actually controlled over 12 light circuits at the same time.
- Full music server with touchscreen control – The client had over 1000 cds that were loaded onto the music server. This server was then able to distribute any of the music cds to any room over the house without getting a single CD out. Automonics music server paired with Crestron Swampe amplifiers and high end Triad speakers created a powerful hidden but easy to use music system.
- 8 x Full HD TV zones, with access to 5 Sky boxes/ media HD player, Blurays & Apple TV’s – 5 Sky boxes were specified as 4 people + 1 guest had there own sky box with there own particular recordings. As a full HDMI matrix was used the client could then watch any of the sky boxes in any of the rooms. So personal sky recordings were viewable by anyone, anywhere.
- Intercom system with full remote auto key locking system.
- 3 Special intercom Crestron panels were fitted in the kitchen, bar area and master bedroom. When the intercom was pushed all 3 panels would ring until being answered. At that point full video and audio was available through the Crestron Touchpanel.
- Automated mirror/ TV position in the master bedroom created the perfect his/her dressing area in the master bedroom. At the touch of a Crestron button the whole mirror moved out the way to reveal the hidden TV behind it.
- Ceiling speakers throughout, all controlled via touch panels.After reviewing all of the potential suppliers with the client a Crestron AV2 Processeor system was chosen to allow the client the convenience of controlling any aspect of their smart home solution from any room in the house.
We quickly developed an understanding of our client’s lifestyle needs and expectations of their available budget to design a solution that meets their family needs and ensure the correct technology solution was discussed with the client.
A pre-1900 six story listed building in Westminster was noc hallenge at all the Altus team who installed a full Smart Home Solution throughout this property. Design challenges including 9” thick concrete walls, clay foundations andintricate interior designs and our inability to run cables on the exterior of the property were some of the challenges we faced.
Altus creatively installed vertical steel cables runs inside the elevator shaft to create an aesthetically pleasing finish, hiding cable runs and preventing having to disturb any of the brickwork whilst servicing all technology from the top to the bottom of the residence. As the interior design of the property was finished to an extremely high standard we matched the interior design to the display screens of the control panels to camouflage them on the walls.
The underground wine cellar was created externally at the rear of the property. Altus managed the design, excavation, specification and completion of the entire project. The cellar needed to be excavated, damp proofed and a state of the art heating and cooling system installed to maintain the ambient temperature and humidity. The cellar was a cylindrical structure with a spiral staircase fitted with sensor so that a new light circuit was triggered at every 8th step leading into and out of the cellar. Finally, a hidden trap door with a PIN code access was installed to guarantee security from would be intruders.
A full smart home upgrade for a 19th Century property fitted with the latest in security and ultimate comfort with an underground wine cellarin the one of the most sought after and exclusive post codes in the world. So impressed was the client with the work completed that we are now undertaking projects in London and the South of France.
As a CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design and Installation Approved) Smart Home and Technology Services company our team work on bespoke projects from national infrastructure improvements to smart home and device supply and services. Altus Digital Services have supplied, installed and programmed control systems nationally.